Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Olkahoma-Taking a Chill Pill in Medicine Park

Thursday, July 10th,2008

Medicine Park is a little town right next to the refuge that was originally built in the 1920's as a health resort. My Dad remembers swimming in this very place during the Great Depression years and it was the hip place to be, however it fell into disrepair and became a ghost town during the 60's and on. When we used to visit in the 80's and 90's the swimming area was filled with so many weeds that it would have drowned anyone who tried to swim, and the bridge was just a skeleton was the wires and a so few boards that you felt like Indiana Jones trying to cross it. I always wanted to swim in it, I got my wish, and it is a beautiful relaxing place to be again.





This little Paddle boat was for the little lagoon in the back of our cabin, and we certainly got some good exercise with it, even during the showers, the kids kept wanting to do laps around the lagoon, me too.





No comments: