Sunday, July 6, 2008

More Carlsbad Caverns

There is just no way to describe the immensity of the caverns and many of the rock formations. Look at this stalagmite dwarfing my puny little existence. 



I learned two little lessons on the way back from the Caverns.  Number One, you don't pass up buying some gas at tourist attractions in the middle of the desert just because it is overpriced.  And number two, while Honda's might get decent gas milage, they do not run on fumes.  However, I learned without too much trauma, since the gas light waited to go on until I could finally see El Paso though some little hills and we made it, barely, to decent priced gas station in town.  My Dad said that, "Happiness is coasting in the cheapest gas station in town," however I don't think Angel thought that there was anything remotely laughable about the situation. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We missed u guys on the 4th. Looks like your having a fun trip. It's pretty neat how you found a skate park in the middle of nowhere. Have lots more fun. I'll write more when my internet is hooked up, maybe by next week. love leah